Our products and services emphasize precision, purity, and safety, adhering to the needs of pharmaceutical customers.
The VRA is an outside-mounted, dry-running single pusher seal designed to operate on top-entry agitators and mixers. Self-lubricating carbon or filled PTFE seal faces run completely dry without cooling.
Cost savings provided by contacting dry-running design and two-piece collar, which respectively eliminate the need for a buffer fluid system and expensive alloys in non-wetted areas
- Optimized for high run-out requirements — up to 3.81 mm (0.150 in) FIM
- High reliability provided by flexible rotor design that compensates for misalignment and double O-ring mounted stator that prevents distortion
- Reduced downtime facilitated by optional sanitary gland that allows steam cleaning and sterilizing of the seal’s interior while mounted on the equipmen.
- Press: vacuum to 13.8 bar (200 psi)
- Temp: to 121°C (250°F)
- Speed: to 350 rpm
- Sizes: 25 to 178 mm (1.000 to 7.000 in)
- Refer to literature FSD167 at flowserve.com/library.
ML-200 mixer seal
Top entry, lift-off mixer seals Equipment Type
- Mixers, agitators, filters, filter dryers
Pressure vacuum to 6.7 bar (100 psi)
Temperature -40 to 200°C (390°F)
Speed up to 10 m/s (33 fps)
Shaft Sizes 40 to 220 mm (1.575 to 9.000 inch)
- Noncontacting, lift-off gas barrier seal
- Advanced lift-off technology avoids wear from
seal face contact
- Barrier leakage does not affect product quality
- Low drag design for the dynamic O-ring (no hang-up)
- Operates with a simple gas barrier support system
- Optional with or without bearing
- Cooling flange for higher temperatures up to 300°C (570°F) available
- Sanitary gland option for sterilization purposes
- Available for steel or glass lined vessels Other ConfigurationsML-200 DIN
- Dimensions and flange connections to DIN for steel or glass lined flanges
- Available with or without bearing
MSS mixer split seal
The MSS is for tough mixer and vessel applications where stuffing box face, bore and OD run-out are extreme. Typically used on older equipment or where compression packing had been used.
Easy installation, inspection and maintenance facilitated by outside seal arrangement and split design
- Fits in tight spaces with no equipment tear down; can be installed in cramped stuffing box areas where the bearing housing, gear box or coupling create obstructions
- Reliable operation owing to self-lubricating faces and design that dissipates heat from seal faces, which allows it to run dry or wet
- Product purity ensured by design that compensates for pressure reversals
Press: vacuum to 7 bar (100 psi)
Temp: to 150°C (300°F)
Speed: to 1740 rpm
Sizes: 25 to 305 mm (1.000 to 12.000 in)
For more information, refer to FSD162.
The ISC2 Series provides exceptional reliability and standardization over a wide variety of industrial applications and equipment. Available in single and dual arrangement, pusher and metal bellows types.
- Lower total cost of ownership from advanced seal design features that enable superior reliability
- Broad application flexibility assured by comprehensive range of pre-engineered configurations and materials; custom solutions also available
- Reduced operating costs via standardization to ISC2 Series, which enables less inventory, greater flexibility, less downtime and longer seal life
- Increased plant and personnel safety delivered by cartridge security and compliance with all major international standards
Press: pusher to 20.6 bar (300 psi); bellows to 13.8 bar (200 psi)
Temp: -40°C to 204°C (-40°F to 400°F)
Speeds to: 23 m/s (75 fps)
Sizes: pusher 25 to 200 mm (1.000 to 8.000 in);
bellows to 95 mm (3.750 in)
Refer to literature FSD243 at flowserve.com/library.
The ISC2-MW is a dual-arrangement standard cartridge pusher seal engineered for reliable, cost-effective operation in mixer service.
- Reduced installation and maintenance costs assured by economical cartridge seal design for top-entry installation
- Increased uptime resulting from volute groove, which significantly increases barrier fluid flow to promote cool running, even at mixer speeds
- Reliable operation ensured by ISC2 thermal management technology that allows the seal to run cooler and tolerate dry-running events
Press: to 6.9 bar (100 psi)
Temp: -40°C to 204°C (-40°F to 400°F)
Speed: to 1.1 m/s (3.5 fps)
Sizes: 25 to 200 mm (1.000 to 8.000 in)
For more information, refer to FSD104.